Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflection 10

Teaching, teaching, teaching.

There is so much that goes into this!! Just recently we’ve been preparing our lesson for a group of sixth graders. As we’ve been preparing what we want to teach them and how we’re going to do it I’ve realized that there is quite a bit of work that goes into this.

As a student, it is so easy to overlook a teacher or professor puts into his lesson. I feel like I’ve grown more of an appreciation for my teachers as I have experienced myself what all goes into it. I feel like no matter what though, the teacher puts in more work than a student recognizes (that is for those teachers that actually plan their lessons!). Our group thought out every detail of our lesson as we prepared different stations for the kids about magnetism. Not only did we have everything well thought out, but I learned quite a bit! As a teacher, I seem to learn the material much more when I KNOW I have to teach it to someone else. Now I just need to get this mindset of that I will have to teach this material I’m learning so that I can learn it that much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment